Pleroma major release: 2.2.0
Pleroma 2.2.0 released, featuring many fixes, additions and improvements. Among the most significant changes are: optimized timeline rendering for Pleroma-FE, switch to libmagic for guessing file types (requires a new system-level dependency!) and the addition of an optional media-optimizing proxy for thumbnail generation.
- Install libmagic and development headers (
file-devon Alpine Linux)
- Run database migrations (inside Pleroma directory):
- From Source:
- Restart Pleroma
- New option to optimize timeline rendering to make the site more responsive (enabled by default)
- New instance option
logoLeftto move logo to the left side in desktop nav bar
- Import/export a muted users
- Proper handling of deletes when using websocket streaming
- Added optimistic chat message sending, so you can start writing next message before the previous one has been sent
- Fixed clicking NSFW hider through status popover
- Fixed chat-view back button being hard to click
- Fixed fresh chat notifications being cleared immediately while leaving the chat view and not having time to actually see the messages
- Fixed multiple regressions in CSS styles
- Fixed multiple issues with input fields when using CJK font as default
- Fixed search field in navbar infringing into logo in some cases
- Fixed not being able to load the chat history in vertical screens when the message list doesn't take the full height of the scrollable container on the first fetch.
- Fixed regression in react popup alignment and overflowing
- Clicking immediately when timeline shifts is now blocked to prevent misclicks
- Icons changed from fontello (FontAwesome 4 + others) to FontAwesome 5 due to problems with fontello.
- Some icons changed for better accessibility (lock, globe)
- Logo is now clickable
- Changed default logo to SVG version
- Fixed the possibility of using file uploads to spoof posts.
- Breaking Requires
file) to guess file types.
- Breaking: App metrics endpoint (
/api/pleroma/app_metrics) is disabled by default, check
docs/API/prometheus.mdon enabling and configuring.
- Breaking: Pleroma Admin API: emoji packs and files routes changed.
- Breaking: Sensitive/NSFW statuses no longer disable link previews.
- Search: Users are now findable by their urls.
:connect_timeout, old name is deprecated.
:recv_timeout, old name is deprecated.
discoverablefield in the
Userstruct will now add a NOINDEX metatag to profile pages when false.
- Users with the
discoverablefield set to false will not show up in searches.
- Minimum lifetime for ephmeral activities changed to 10 minutes and made configurable (
- Introduced optional dependencies on
exiftoolsoftware packages. Please refer to
- API: Empty parameter values for integer parameters are now ignored in non-strict validaton mode.
Pleroma.Workers.Cron.StatsWorkersetting from Oban
:crontab(moved to a simpler implementation).
Pleroma.Workers.Cron.ClearOauthTokenWorkersetting from Oban
:crontab(moved to scheduled jobs).
Pleroma.Workers.Cron.PurgeExpiredActivitiesWorkersetting from Oban
:crontab(moved to scheduled jobs).
:managed_configoption. In practice, it was accidentally removed with 2.0.0 release when frontends were switched to a new configuration mechanism, however it was not officially removed until now.
- Media preview proxy (requires
ImageMagickto be installed and media proxy to be enabled; see
:media_preview_proxyconfig for more details).
- Mix tasks for controlling user account confirmation status in bulk (
mix pleroma.user confirm_alland
mix pleroma.user unconfirm_all)
- Mix task for sending confirmation emails to all unconfirmed users (
mix pleroma.email send_confirmation_mails)
- Mix task option for force-unfollowing relays
- App metrics: ability to restrict access to specified IP whitelist.
- Admin API: Importing emoji from a zip file
- Pleroma API: Importing the mutes users from CSV files.
- Pleroma API: Pagination for remote/local packs and emoji.
- Add documented-but-missing chat pagination.
- Allow sending out emails again.
- Allow sending chat messages to yourself
- OStatus / static FE endpoints: fixed inaccessibility for anonymous users on non-federating instances, switched to handling per
- Fix remote users with a whitespace name.